I am racing downstairs, from the 2nd floor to the 1st floor, with the intend to get to the needed finishing touches.
Moving into the 1st floor has been within our grasp – for months! Except that I regularly got distracted with work on the 2nd floor. Enough of that. We have plans to celebrate Christmas day with friends on the 1st floor. I better bust a move to meet that deadline!
We have laid some of the ground work. Take the finishing touches to the kitchen, the range hood and addition of ornamental tiles. We finished the front door to the 1st floor unit and installed our slender closet doors. We made significant process with the paint removal and refinishing of the remaining door.
The same applies to the beautiful and tall baseboards. I have looked at them leaning against the wall for long enough and rather have them installed.
Cathy was able to carefully salvage most of the baseboards during the deconstruction. Having the original baseboards in all major rooms, where they are visible, was important to us. But we were short by a few pieces.
We solved the problem by using baseboards that once were in closets to fill those gaps. The closets, we decided, can receive other salvaged trim we purchase on the reuse market.